The all new Summit bar continues the ARB tradition of pioneering innovation and relentless pursuit on quality. Summit is a modern interpretation of the iconic ARB Deluxe bar, styled
to complement modern 4×4 vehicles through a fresh, contemporary design. Building upon our proven air bag compatible bull bar mounting structure, the Summit bar incorporates unique design features such as a 30mm edge radius on the wings and center pan, wider press formed cover straps, 60.3mm top frame tubing, two piece polyethylene buffers and redesigned fog lights. This results in the most visually impressive frontal protection system on the market.
Chassis mounts have been utilized to ensure that the Summit bar is securely mounted to the chassis and the crush rate characteristics of the air bag system are retained. The bar mounts have had extensive Finite Element Analysis (FEA) testing and destructive crush testing to ensure that they do not deviate from the manufacturers chassis impact performance standards.
Similar to previous ARB Deluxe Bars, the Tacoma Summit bar is finished in a satin black powder coat finish, which is paint-ready for those who would like to color match the Summit bar to the vehicle paint code color. A zinc rich primer is used for additional corrosion resistance.
PROTECTION & STYLING CHARACTERISTICS
• Vehicle specific design for the 2016+ Toyota Tacoma.
• Registered design of styling and design components.
• Durable steel construction for maximum protection.
• Incorporates ARB’s renowned multi fold upswept and tapered wing design for optimum strength and approach angle.
• 30mm radius on wings and center section.
• Engineered, air bag compatible mounting system secures to the chassis via high tensile bolts.
• Split pan design for maximum strength and airflow.
• 2 piece grill design for split pan.
• Extensive protection panels on center and either side. 60.3mm outer frames and center cross bar.
• Formed cover strap.
• Pressed form top pan and aluminum (powder coated black) winch cover panel.
• Twin Hi-Lift jack points located beneath each buffer for optimum strength.
• Durable two piece buffers including cover strap intersection caps.
• Provision to accommodate ARB Intensity LED’s and a range of IPF lights.
• ARB fog light (part no 3500590) is included.
• Includes ARB LED Indicator and Clearance light.
• Two antenna brackets located on the top of the center frame.
• Bar adds approximately 8 inches to the overall length of the vehicle.
• Approximate weight of the bar, chassis mounts and fitting kit is 170 lbs.
• Zinc rich primer for additional corrosion resistance.
• Finished in satin black powder coat, which is paintable for color matching the vehicle.
Additional fit kits are required depending on the winch being fitted:
• Winches fitted with a hawse fairlead will require part No 3500600 Hawse Fairlead Spacer Kit.
• Warn ZEON and ZEON Platinum fitment require Warn part No W89965 Short Wiring Kit.
• Warn ZEON Platinum fitment may require Warn part No W94288 Enhanced Signal Kit.
A 62.6mm press formed cover strap is featured on ARB’s Summit Bar for the 2016+ Tacoma. The press form adds strength and visually the wider cover strap suits the larger diameter tube and 30mm radius of the pans. The intersection of the cover strap and buffers is covered by a cover strap intersection cap.
ARB’s new fog light surround is featured in the ARB Summit Bar for the 2016+ Tacoma. ARB Fog Light part # 3500590 and ARB Auxiliary Fog light loom part # 3500530 are included. A clear fog light cover has been developed separately under part #3500680.
Two aerial mounts are welded to the center cross tube to allow fitment of UHF/AM radio and CB antennas. Synchro pulse controlled welding is used for a visually appealing weld with seam quality that is comparable with that of a TIG weld.
LED Turn Signals:
Press form apertures in each wing are provided to fit ARB’s LED indicator / turn signal.
Hi-Lift Jack Points:
Hi-Lift Jack points are located directly below the buffers. The Hi-Lift jack point is welded directly to the upright on either side and is designed to prevent the HiLift jack from interfering with the buffer.
Driving Light Mounts:
The press formed top pan includes laser cut holes for fitment of a range of compatible driving lights including ARB Intensity and IPF 800, 808 and 900 Series lights. Pinning holes for ARB Intensity lights are included.
Buffers, Split Pan & Fog Light Surround:
ARB’s Summit Bar range features two piece buffers, split pan grill and ARB’s Fog Light Surround that accepts fitment of ARB Fog Light part # 3500590. All three components are designed to integrate with each other and the bar design.
The upright section of the two piece buffer has a style line to complement the fog light surround. The intersection of the cover strap and buffer is covered by a cover strap intersection cap to neatly finish the press formed cover strap. To provide access to winch clutch handles and to assist with valuable air flow to the radiator the split pan has a two piece grill for an integrated appearance.
An access door on the left hand side allows access to winch clutch handles. This door also overcomes clutch lever access when larger lights are fitted to the press form top pan.
*Optional Fog Light Covers (#3500680) and Optional Flip Up License Place Bracket (#3500630) shown.
The Summit Bar range has an integrated control box mount that recesses the control box lower in the pan. Different mount holes and control box mount brackets are provided to suit different winches. Winch Fitting Kit instructions have further information as to which mount hole or bracket is suitable.
The ARB Summit bar for the 2016+ Tacoma fits the following winches:
• Warn M8000, XD9000, XP9.5, XDC 9.5
• Warn ZEON 8, 8-S, 10, 10-S
• Warn ZEON Platinum 10, 10-S
• Smittybilt Gen 2 X20 10K